Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

I'm Back!

Wow, so it was one crazy year for me, and I pretty much forgot about ever posting. I have made a commitment though to start posting again, and using it as my motivation. Now that I'm home (and working in a kitchen, completely surrounded by food all day) it has been a little bit harder. Plus, it's much harder to work in time to exercise around work schedules than it is classes. These postings are mainly to keep me on track, but feel free to follow along.

The Commitment- This summer I have decided to make a commitment. That is to focus on clean eating, and make that the majority of my diet. Of course there will be treats involved sometimes, but often those can even be reworked into being clean. I have already started with a new obsession with green smoothies. These are my new favorite breakfasts, as it is an easy way to get vegetables in the morning, and not overload on carbs. They are also really yummy and filling. Here's the recipe for my favorite one:

Pineapple Blueberry Green Smoothie
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup fresh kale
2 Tbs PB2 (powdered peanut butter- I used the chocolate peanut butter)
3 ounces plain greek yogurt
3/4 cup water
1/2 serving protein powder (for me that's one scoop)

Blend it up, sip, and enjoy!

Well I'm headed outside to catch some rays of sunshine before it's off to work as a PT Aid, but here's a snapshot of what my day will be.

Eats and Runs:

  • I already had about 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt with a spoonful of PB2 powder and a few spoonfuls of my homemade quinoia granola (yum!)
  • On my way to work (11am) I'm going to sip on a green smoothie, but a simple one with just fruit, greens and water since I already ate today
  • For a quick lunch at work I'm having leftover grilled eggplant with herbs and feta and a light homemade lemon vinegrette
  • After work I'm going to run hills at Hard'ack hill (a popular, free ski hill)
  • I'm not quite sure about dinner, but I'm considering a spinach salad or portabella stuffed mushroom pizzas.




No comments:

Post a Comment