Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

For the Love of Pain

So I'll admit, I might be a little weird, especially in the sense that I LOVE to be sore. I bet there are some of you out there nodding your head in agreement, thinking finally someone gets me, but the majority of you probably think I'm crazy. Think about it though. Soreness is like a reward, a constant reminder for a day or two about how hard you worked and how your muscles are getting stronger. A lack of soreness to me is an indicator that I'm not working hard enough, or I need to change up my routine. So you see, soreness is really a great thing.

So what got me sore you ask? Well my past two strength workouts have been based on some posted on my favorite blog, Peanut Butter Runner.

For my workout on Monday I started out on the rowing machine and pushed myself in a 5000 meter row. I challenged myself to keep the same pace the entire time, instead of slowing down like I normally do. For the most part this worked and I took two minutes off my normal time! Then I went downstairs to the basketball court and did this workout from PBR blog.



This workout was much much harder then I expected. It had me dripping sweat, heavy breathing and exhausted. I would definitely recommend giving it a try.

Wednesday I tried out another workout from PBR, the one that currently has me clenching in pain. I started out with a ten minute running warmup and then went straight into the circuit. I did some abs after words to fill up a little over an hour of gym time.

I hope you guys enjoy these workouts and check out PRB's blog, it's fantastic and I'd have to say she's my inspiration to becoming a better blogger. Let me know what you think!


One last note: it's Food Day, check out the website!




No comments:

Post a Comment