Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tondu, Soussus, Glissade and Repeat

I decided at the beginning of the summer that I was going to pick something to do for pure fun, since social time is mostly out of the question between working and most of my friends being gone for the summer. I finally decided on taking dance classes again. Dance used to be a huge part of my life. I danced competitively for four years, up until high school when I chose running and skiing over dance. Now, this summer I'm excited to get back into it.

Tonight was the second class out of eight, and we definitely turned up the difficulty level. I did feel much more natural this week though, and even received a few compliments from the instructor (yay!). Speaking of my instructor, she's great. She's just strict enough so you know to listen to her but it also feels like encouragement when she corrects you then disheartening. I think I'm really going to love taking her class. And my buns and thighs will love it too, as they start to tighten up from all the grand battements!

Also, I couldn't be more proud that my 47 year old aunt is joining me in the class, after being out of dance since her teens. She felt completely out of place tonight, but she pushed herself into trying it, and secretly I think she enjoyed it. I think she embodies the attitude more people need to have, that if you want to try something don't let anybody hold you back regardless of your age, ability, experience and so on.

Anyway, on a completely different note it's my day off tomorrow and I plan on making Blueberry Ketchup, courtesy of this blogger: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/08/07/blueberry-ketchup/

No comments:

Post a Comment